Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Break-line Symbol, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're now in a new chapter…of the AutoCAD Express Tools Workflow course…and we're going to look now at a couple of the…drawing tools that are available in…the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…And we've got a new drawing open.…It's 06_Draw.dwg.…You can download that from your…Lynda.com exercise files as usual…and follow the video accordingly.…So, we're going to go to the draw panel now…on the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…And we're going to go to Break-line Symbol.…This creates polylines and inserts a break-line symbol.…
So if I click there and come into the drawing area…it asks me to specify the first point for the break-line.…Now I can specify a block…or a size or an extension for this.…So if I right click, I've got block, size or extension.…I'm going to select size…and I'm going to put in something like 3…and enter like so.…And then the first point for the break-line…I'm going to go endpoint there,…then I'm going to go second point for break-line like that.…Then specify the location…for the break symbol there is midpoint.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.