In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the difference of dynamic blocks from standard, or static, blocks within a drawing file. The instructor discusses not only what a dynamic block is but also discusses the importance and usage of a well-defined dynamic block library. In addition, Josh demonstrates dynamic blocks in action.
- [Narrator] Auto CAD blocks really revolutionized…how the user interacted with the drawing.…They allowed the user to provide repetitive objects…that can easily be modified…and impact multiple instances of the same block.…Dynamic blocks are doing the same thing.…They're revolutionizing how we're using blocks.…What are dynamic blocks?…We have three instances of the same block in this drawing.…
If I open up my properties, you see that the name…of all of these blocks are the same, door imperial.…But do you see all the grips?…Let me escape and we'll select one.…These light blue grips really are parameters…connected with the dynamic nature of the block.…We have drop-downs that allow us control…the open swing of the door.…
We have different arrows that allow us to flip…or mirror the door, or even increase the door…from a 40-inch to maybe a 36-inch door.…Notice, though, all of these changes…did not impact the other blocks.…So we're dynamically taking the block definition…and we're making changes to the block definition…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.