Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video AutoCAD user profiles, part of AutoCAD: Creating an Enterprise Custom User Interface.
- [Instructor] Always a good idea to back up the settings…before we get into any customization as well as…after we finish our customization, we want to save it.…Now, when we talk about backing up our settings,…we're really going to look at AutoCAD Profiles.…Now, the AutoCAD Profile really takes all…of the different settings, not just the user interface…that's being applied or the workspace,…but all the paths and other settings as well.…Let's take a look at where we can view…as well as copy and create a back up of a profile.…
And so, we going to come to the AutoCAD Application menu.…That's the big A in the top left.…And notice you can get to the options here…in the beginning window.…And, there's a few other ways to get to options.…You can type options in at the command line…and even at the wrench on the command line…the options window is available.…Once it's open, notice that one of the last tabs…on the right is Profiles.…It also lists the current profile…in your options window no matter what tab you're on up here.…
- What is a custom user interface (CUI)?
- Partial, main, and enterprise CUIs
- Creating a new partial CUI
- Creating interface controls
- Defining main and enterprise CUIs