- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
- [Shaun] Welcome to this course in annotating effectively in AutoCad. Now you may wonder what annotation in AutoCAD actually is. Well, it's this kind of stuff here on the 00_Introduction drawing. See these dimensions here? Well, they're dimensions that are annotating the drawing for you. They're giving you the dimensions, the physical sizes of the objects in your AutoCAD drawings. You can see the annotation there. Now that's not just the only type of annotation we're going to cover in the course.
We're going to look at dimensioning. We're going to look at text. We're going to look at center lines. We're going to look at leaders and multi-leaders, tables, and marking up your drawings as well. Things like revision clouds and wipeouts. All of this is annotation, it is communicating your design intent in your AutoCADdrawings. So let's get going now and let's look at annotating effectively in AutoCAD>
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.