AutoCAD 2014 Essentials: 02 Drawing Fundamentals
In this installment of AutoCAD 2014 Essentials, author Jeff Bartels concentrates on the particulars of creating basic geometry in AutoCAD, including assigning imperial or metric units of measurement, using object snaps to control accuracy, and drawing and transforming basic lines and shapes. The last chapter in the course tests your newfound skills in a short project where you'll create a small mechanical part.
- Constructing lines
- Defining a unit of measure
- Locking to geometry with object snaps
- Drawing rectangles, circles, and polygons
- Applying hatch patterns
- Moving, copying, and rotating objects
- Erasing elements
- Undoing and redoing actions
- Hi, I'm Jeff Bartels. Welcome to AutoCAD Essentials: 02 Drawing Fundamentals. In this title, we'll take our first steps into the world of geometric construction. We'll start by looking at some basic drawing tools, focusing on how they're used and what options are available. Along the way, I'll be stressing the fundamental usage of each command to ensure we're creating accurate geometry. Next, we'll talk about setting and working with drawing units. Once we're comfortable with the basic tools and our drawing environment, we'll explore some of the specialized drawing commands designed to save us time when creating more complex shapes.
Finally, We'll learn how to make modifications to our geometry, such that we can create incorporate several shapes together into a final design. At the end of the title, you'll have an opportunity to put your skills to the test by reproducing a small mechanical part using what you've learned. When you're ready, follow me, and we'll get started.
AutoCAD 2014 Essentials: 04 Annotating a Drawing81,858 Views
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniques229,372 Views
Drones versus Planes: A Conversation on Aerial Photography1,412 Views
InDesign Insider Training: Data Merge and Database Publishing119,780 Views
Up and Running with Lighting: Studio Lights and Flash122,321 Views
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Training767,927 Views
AutoCAD 2014 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Management189,925 Views
AutoCAD 2014 Essentials: 03 Editing and Organizing Drawings131,830 Views
Revit Architecture 2015 Essential Training873,413 Views
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Training501,387 Views