Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more CAD and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Constructing lines
- Defining a unit of measure
- Locking to geometry with object snaps
- Drawing rectangles, circles, and polygons
- Applying hatch patterns
- Moving, copying, and rotating objects
- Erasing elements
- Undoing and redoing actions
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jeff Bartels. Welcome to AutoCAD Essentials 2, Drawing Fundamentals. In this title, we'll take our first steps into the world of geometric construction. We'll start by looking at some basic drawing tools, focusing on how they're used and what options are available. Along the way, I'll be stressing the fundamental usage of each command to insure we're creating accurate geometry. Next, we'll talk about setting and working with drawing units. Once we're comfortable with the basic tools and our drawing environment, we'll explore some of the specialized drawing commands, designed to save us time when creating more complex shapes.
Finally, we'll learn how to make modifications to our geometry, such that we can incorporate several shapes together into a final design. At the end of the title, you'll have an opportunity to put your skills to the test by reproducing a small mechanical part using what you've learned. When you're ready, follow me and we'll get started.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.