- View Offline
- Launching AutoCAD
- Accessing the tools
- Saving a workspace
- Monitoring the status bar
- Understanding the anatomy of a command
- Opening a drawing
- Zooming, panning, and regenning
- Working in a multiple document environment
- Saving your work
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jeff Bartels. Welcome to AutoCAD Essentials 1 Interface and Drawing Management. We'll start by walking through the many components of the interface. I'll show you how the tools are organized and how you can customize their arrangement on screen. We'll also take a look at the user preferences such that we can personalize AutoCAD to match the way we like to work. We'll learn how to take advantage of AutoCAD's help functionality in the event we have questions while working with the program. Next, we'll talk about file management. So, we'll spend some time learning how to navigate our way around in an existing file.
Finally, I'll show you how to create your own worksheets by plotting drawings to a measurable scale. Whenever you're ready, follow me and we'll get started.