AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Management
AutoCAD Essentials with Jeff Bartels is a multi-part series that takes a more modular approach to this massive program, used for everything from 2D and 3D CAD design, drafting, and modeling to architectural drawing and engineering projects. This first installment includes a lengthy tour of the interface, from understanding the concept of model space to customizing the AutoCAD preferences and working with dockable palettes. The second half of the course show how to manage your drawings, including getting the most from the mouse and many shortcuts, creating time-saving templates, and plotting from either model space or in a layout.
- Launching AutoCAD
- Accessing the tools
- Saving a workspace
- Monitoring the status bar
- Understanding the anatomy of a command
- Opening a drawing
- Zooming, panning, and regenning
- Working in a multiple document environment
- Saving your work
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jeff Bartels. Welcome to AutoCAD Essentials 1 Interface and Drawing Management. We'll start by walking through the many components of the interface. I'll show you how the tools are organized and how you can customize their arrangement on screen. We'll also take a look at the user preferences such that we can personalize AutoCAD to match the way we like to work. We'll learn how to take advantage of AutoCAD's help functionality in the event we have questions while working with the program. Next, we'll talk about file management. So, we'll spend some time learning how to navigate our way around in an existing file.
Finally, I'll show you how to create your own worksheets by plotting drawings to a measurable scale. Whenever you're ready, follow me and we'll get started.
AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 02 Drawing Fundamentals204,326 Views
AutoCAD 2014 Essentials: 05 Working with References63,802 Views
AutoCAD 2014 Essentials: 03 Editing and Organizing Drawings131,830 Views
AutoCAD 2014 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Management189,925 Views
AutoCAD 2011 Essential Training695,597 Views
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Training767,927 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views
Revit Architecture 2015 Essential Training873,413 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Excel 2013 Essential Training5,659,883 Views