AutoCAD 2009 New Features
AutoCAD 2009 may only be twelve months newer than AutoCAD 2008, but it is a landmark release, sporting a brand new interface that may seem intimidating at first glance. In AutoCAD 2009 New Features, CAD manager Jeff Bartels covers every new and updated aspect of the interface, drafting tools, and visualization features, making this course both a tour and a reference for anyone considering an upgrade from a prior release. While exploring these new features, Jeff also shares the cutting-edge skills required to make the most productive use of them. Example files accompany the course.
- Using the new Quick Access toolbar, quick properties, quick view layouts, and quick view drawings
- Understanding the Status bar and the Layer Properties palette
- Recording, editing, and sharing action recorder macros
- Finding and replacing text
- Checking spelling automatically
- Creating presentations with ShowMotion
- Navigating drawings using the ViewCube and SteeringWheels
- Setting a geographic location
- [Voiceover] Welcome to the AutoCAD 2009 New Features title. My name is Jeff Bartels and I am privileged to be your personal tour guide as we walk through the many changes and improvements that have been made to AutoCAD since released 2008. Now, I've been using AutoCAD for a long time. And I can tell you that AutoCAD 2009 is truly a milestone release. You see, one of the things that makes this release special is AutoCAD's brand new interface. Which, at first glance, may seem a little intimidating. Don't worry, in this title you and I are going to look at every component of AutoCAD's updated interface.
We're going to explore everything that's been added, changed, or turned off. When we're through, you'll have a full understanding of the new system. And you'll be off and running without sacrificing your productivity. After we finish talking about the interface, we're going to take a hands-on look at all of the new tools added to AutoCAD 2009, as well as any enhancements that have been made to the existing tools. There have been several powerful features added, for both 2D and 3D work. If you're someone who's thinking about upgrading from AutoCAD 2008, or any prior version of AutoCAD, for that matter, this title is a perfect choice to get you comfortable with AutoCAD's new look and feel.
If you're someone who's interested in updating your AutoCAD skills, this title will keep you on the cutting edge of what AutoCAD has to offer. Well, the tour, so to speak, is about to start. Let's jump in and take a look at the new AutoCAD 2009.
Douglas Kirkland on Photography: A Life in Pictures26,450 Views
Getting Started with MODO 60133,588 Views
Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac Essential Training131,090 Views
AutoCAD 2009: Annotation44,359 Views
AutoCAD 2009: Mastering References46,048 Views
MySQL Essential Training686,104 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,772,051 Views