Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more CAD and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Using blocks in a production environment
- Incorporating project data within drawings
- Simplifying labels with attributes
- Creating automated parts lists
- Linking drawings together
- Placing images to a measurable scale
Skill Level Intermediate
- So, you use AutoCAD and you're asking yourself, can this program possibly do anything else to make my design workflow easier? The short answer is yes. (upbeat piano music) Welcome to AutoCAD 2009, Mastering References. My name is Jeff Bartels, and it's my privilege to be your AutoCAD instructor as we take this focused approach to learning AutoCAD. I've been using AutoCAD professionally, and teaching AutoCAD, for more than ten years. AutoCAD isn't just my career, it's my lifestyle.
I spend my days using AutoCAD to produce civil engineering construction drawings, and at night, I'm in the classroom, teaching and working with students just like you. I've created this title to open up your AutoCAD skills, and go beyond simple lines and text, by taking a closer look at one of it's more versatile features. I'm gonna show you how we can incorporate extractable data into our drawings, such that we can produce parts lists, or summary of quantities. I'll show you how we can incorporate imagery into our drawings, and how we can place our images to a measurable scale.
Finally, we'll explore how we can link our AutoCAD drawings together, such that we can make revisions in one place, and literally update an entire plan set. As we progress through the tutorials, I'll be working with you in the same way as if you were with me at the office, and I was preparing you to work on construction drawings. My goal is to give you the skills you need to successfully work in a production environment. Well, we have a lot of things to talk about, and a lot of work ahead of us. So, pull up a chair, and let's get started.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.