Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Auto Number, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] Another really neat little feature…in the Text panel in the Express Tools tab…on the AutoCAD ribbon is Auto Number for text.…And you'll we've got a nice little bit of text there,…Auto-number as you can see.…I'm going to select Auto Number here on the Text panel,…and I'm now going to select the object I want to auto number,…so I select it there and right click or enter to confirm.…I can sort the selected objects by X, Y or Select-order.…So if I do Select-order, Specify starting number…and start increment, so if I go 1, 1…and accept the default there like that,…I can overwrite, I can do it as a Prefix, a Suffix,…or Find&replace.…
I want it as a Prefix, and it auto numbers my text.…How lovely is that?…So if I just undo that one step and just do it again,…Auto Number like so, select the object.…I'll show you something really neat here.…If I right click or enter to confirm…and do the Select-order.…So I'm going to specify the starting number in increments,…so Start, increment.…I'm going to go 1. 'cause I want 1. space,…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.