Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Attach Xdata, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] Another neat little command…is the ability to attach Xdata…to an existing object in AutoCAD.…So, we're staying in the 08_Tools.dwg file.…I'm going to go to the Tools panel here…on the Express Tools tab on the ribbon…and it's this little icon here, Attach Xdata.…So I'm going to select my rectangle, which is a polyline,…enter the application name, in this case xdata, like that.…Press Enter and there's the options I can add.…So I can add information such as Xdata information.…
So if I select distance, specify the distance.…That distance can now be added to that particular polyline.…So that's added now, I press Enter to confirm,…and you can see there, New data appended,…so Xdata is appended to that particular polyline.…Now there's lots of different bits of information there…that you can append to various objects.…So if I click on that one more time,…select the rectangle again, like so,…and enter the application name xdata and press Enter,…you can see there's lots of different tools as such display,…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.