Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning properties by object or layer, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- In some of the previous videos in this section,…we've looked at changing object properties.…But also, assigning properties to objects…by the layer that they're on, by using the ByLayer setting.…So, for example, if I select this dimension here,…and go to the Properties panel here, on the Home tab…on the ribbon,…you'll see that everything is ByLayer…for that particular dimension object.…Now what I've done is I'm using the same drawing as before,…so we've now got 7_Organizing_ASSIGNINGPROPS_Complete.…
If you want to follow along do the usual drill,…and use 7_Organizing_ASSIGNINGPROPS.dwg…from your lynda.com exercise files.…What we're going to look at now,…is we're going to look at changing the settings…to either ByLayer or we're going to change…the object properties individually.…So, I'm going to select the Polyline here…that forms the outline of the object.…So you can see at the moment the Color is ByLayer,…the Layer is Object, and the Linetype is also ByLayer.…What I'm going to do is I'm going to select the Polyline,…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.