Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Arc-Aligned Text, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're now in a new chapter of our AutoCAD…Express Tools workflow course.…And what we're going to look at now are the Text tools…on the Express Tools tab on the AutoCAD ribbon.…So we've got a new drawing set up for you.…You can see it at the top there, 03_Text.dwg.…And you can download that…from your lynda.com exercise files as usual.…Now you'll notice, it's a very boring little drawing.…We've got one little arc there…and we've got a number of bits of single-line text…all set up using the standard text style,…which is using the Arial font.…
Now, we're going to use each of those bits of text,…piece by piece, as we work through each video.…So if you want to, you can save the drawing…at the end of each video to save the changes…that you've made to this particular drawing.…So let's have a look first at Arc-Aligned text.…Let's zoom in on the arc, first of all.…Let's get in nice and tight…so that we can see what we're doing.…And I'm just going to get the arc sitting there,…down towards the bottom of the screen.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.