In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the use of annotative scales within a drawing file. The instructor discusses the history of annotative scaling, the importance of proper annotative scaling, multiple annotative scaling variables, and also how to accomplish this effectively within AutoCAD.
- [Instructor] Annotation is really the backbone of design.…Without providing information to those…who are constructing the design…the design is really is just a pretty picture.…So as we get into this chapter of drawing templates…we're going to look at four major annotation styles.…And as we cover these styles…we're going to set them all up using annotative scaling.…To understand what annotative scaling is…we really have to understand how annotation was done…during hand drafting days.…
Back at that time you took your title block sheet,…you had taped it down to the board,…and you began drafting based upon…a preset scale in your mind.…All the items, including your design,…was drawn at this preset scale.…When it came to annotation you simply used…your lettering guide, which set the text at the same height…regardless of the scale of the sheet.…With the advent of AutoCAD…designs were no longer drawn at a scale,…but are drawn at a specific size, full size for the model…and then the plot is scaled.…
This provided for much greater accuracy,…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.