Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Annotative scaling, part of AutoCAD: Plotting & Publishing.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We're staying in our…05_PlottingToScale.dwg file, as usual.…And you'll be following along accordingly…with your local, saved copy.…Now, what we're going to do is look…at annotatively scaling in our AutoCAD 2017 drawing.…What we're going to do is we're just gonna look…at setting up another dimension,…but to a different annotative scale.…What we've got to do is make sure…that we do all of those checks…that we did in the previous video…when we set up the dimension on staircase A.…
So, in the Home tab on the ribbon,…you go to your Layers.…Make sure you're using the right layer,…which should be A-ANNO-DIMS, as you can see there…on the menu panel, it's there, A-ANNO-DIMS.…So, we're using the right layer.…We then go to the Annotation panel here.…Click on the flyouts.…Go to our Dimension Style manager…by licking on the icon.…Make sure that we're using Diagonal_-_2.5mm_Arial_ANNO,…and set it as the current dimension style.…Always check those bits first to make sure…you are using the an annotative dimension style.…
- Printing and plotting
- Scaling drawings
- Working in model space vs. paper space
- Creating and modifying page setups with the AutoCAD Page Setup Manager
- Creating and clipping viewports
- Adding an annotative scale
- Plotting and publishing from Quick View
- Changing plot styles
- Plotting electronically to DWF, DWFx, and PDF
- Publishing sheet lists
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
3D Architectural Modeling with AutoCADwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Plotting and Publishing
2. Modelspace & Paperspace
3. Page Setup Manager
5. Plotting to Scale
6. Quick View and Drawing Tabs
7. Plotting Styles & Setting Up
8. Plotting Electronically
9. Publishing Your Drawings
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.