Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Annotation Attachment, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're starting another new chapter…in our AutoCAD Express Tools Workflow course…and we're looking at dimensions and annotation.…Now what we're going to look at is the Dimension panel…in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon in AutoCAD.…Now you'll notice we've got a new drawing open…which is 07_Dimensions.dwg.…And what we're going to look at first of all…on the Dimension panel is the Annotation Attachment Command.…So there's the Dimension panel there.…Click on the fly-out and I'm going to attach a leader…to some annotation.…
So I come into the drawing area,…now I've got a leader here that's got no text.…That's a Quick Leader, using the QLEADER Command.…I've got some multi-line text here that says new rectangle.…So if I select the leader like so,…and then select the annotation and click again,…it attaches it straight away like that.…Really neat, quick and tidy.…I can then also go back to Annotation Attachment…and detach the leaders from the annotation.…So I now select the object like that,…right-click to confirm,…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.