Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Altering layer assignments for objects, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- [Voiceover] In the previous video,…we looked at changing object properties individually.…And we did mention about layers, and how we can alter…layer assignments of objects in the drawing itself.…So, I've got a similar drawing open, this time it's called…"7_Organizing_ ALTERINGLAYERS_Complete."…If you want to follow along with the blank version of this,…so to speak, you want to use…"7_Organizing_ALTERINGLAYERS.dwg"…which you'll find in the lynda.com exercise files.…
So, you'll notice, we're back to square one again,…where everything is on "Layer Zero."…So, if I hover over that dimension there,…it's on "Layer Zero," color and line type, but by layer.…If I select that dimension,…and go to the properties panel here, it's all by layer.…It's all on that default setting by layer.…So, basically, that dimension that I've just selected…is adopting all of the properties of the layer it's on.…So, if we go to the "Home" tab on the ribbon,…and go to the "Layers" panel now,…you'll see in the "Layer Properties" here,…that I've got all these different layers available.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.