Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Align Space, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Narrator] We're now starting another new chapter…in the AutoCAD Express Tools work flow.…And we're going to be looking now at the layout tools…available to us in AutoCAD in the Express Tools.…So, we've got a new drawing,…which is the 05_Layout.dwg file.…You can find that in your lynda.com exercise files…and you can download that accordingly…to follow along with the video.…You'll notice it's a very simple drawing…with an A3 Landscape layout tab here.…
And it's got four simple viewports all scaled,…and we're looking in the model at these two objects here…in the viewports in the layout tab here.…It's very very simple drawing.…I haven't got a title block or anything like that.…It's just to show you the tools are available…in the Layout panel on the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…So because we're in the Layout tab,…you'll notice in AutoCAD 2017 we do get an extra Layout…tab in the top on the ribbon too just to add…to a little bit of confusion there.…Layout at the top, Layout at the bottom of the screen.…
We're not going to be using that top Layout tab…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.