In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how windows can be placed in the Revit model using the linked CAD file for reference.
- [Instructor] Once again, we're staying in our…09_office.rvt file,…and as you can see I've saved it…and it's in the last known state…that it was in the last video.…So as we work through each particular video,…you're saving your Revit file,…making sure that you're saving all of those…elements that you're adding to…the Revit model as you go.…Now, in the previous video,…we looked at placing some hosted elements…which were doors.…And we placed them inside our house…which were are walls that we generated…from our linked CAD file.…
So we obviously need some light in the building,…so what we're going to look at now is…placing a few windows into those walls as well.…Make sure you're in your 00-Ground Floor plan,…here in the project browser,…and we're going to zoom in just here,…and can you see there's some 1220 dimensions there…on the linked CAD file.…And you can just see, can you see there's some lines there.…That's the linked CAD file underneath and that's where the…windows will go.…Now all we do again, is we go to the architecture tab…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.