Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding tools: Lines, part of BIM Manager: Managing AutoCAD MEP & AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- [Instructor] What's cool about palettes…is the fact we can drag over almost anything we wish.…What I'd like to do here is create a simple line…and put it on a layer.…Then I'm going to make a two out of it.…From there, I think we can find…a bunch of other things to drag over.…So, to get started, I'm going to jump into…AutoCAD Civil 3D, and under Get Started,…what I want to do is I want to click on this Civil Template.…I want to open this up directly.…You'll notice we're in the Civil_Template.dwt file.…I want to select these items, then I want to click control one.…Notice that with control one, I can find the layer…that I want to put these items on.…
I can't really see my layer names well,…so I'm going to widen this out.…I'm going to click the drop down.…I'm going to scroll up, and I'm just going to put 'em on C-ANNO.…I'm going to close out of here,…I'm going to hit Escape a couple times.…Now I'm going to go to my layer properties.…And, again, I'm going to widen the name out…so I can see 'em a little better.…I'm going to grab C-ANNO, and for the color,…
- Managing through LISP
- Working with text, dimension, and multileader styles
- Creating a template
- Creating a palette
- Adding commands and LISP routines to a palette
- Creating a new browser profile and adding new categories, pallets, and content
- Reviewing internal mapping, MEP AEC settings, and MEP profiles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing through LISP
3. Tool Palettes for Civil 3D
4. Content Browser
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.