Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding text, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to start looking…at annotating drawings in this new section…of our professional certification course.…Now you may recognize this drawing…from some of the previous videos…that we've worked with this,…the house drawing.…And what we're going to start doing…is annotating that drawing and adding text…to the drawing itself.…So you can see that this drawing…is 9_Annotating_HOUSE_Complete.…For you to follow along with all…of the videos in this section,…use 9_Annotating_HOUSE.dwg,…and just save it each time you complete a video…to build up the completed drawing.…
Now what we're going to do,…we're going to go to the Home tab on the ribbon,…and then go to the Layers panel…and make sure that your current drafting layer…is the text layer.…It's right down towards the bottom of the list.…It goes slightly off the screen there.…Just click on the word text…and you can see that that is the text layer…because we're going to be placing…some single-line text and some multi-line text.…We're going to zoom in on this lounge area here.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.