In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to use the Manage Links dialog box to add a new linked CAD file.
- [Instructor] We're starting a new chapter now…in our course where we're going to look at managing…our linked CAD files.…So we've got a new Revit project for you…which is 08_OFFICE.rvt.…You can see that at the top of the screen,…and as usual you can download that from the website…and obviously use it accordingly with the videos…in this chapter.…Now the first thing we're going to look at is…how we get to the Manage Links dialogue box…so that we can manage our linked CAD files.…
So we go to the Insert tab on the ribbon,…and we go up here in the Link panel to Manage Links.…And you can see there that we get…a Manage Links dialogue box and it does look…remarkably familiar.…If you've used AutoCAD and the reference manager,…it's a very similar environment.…Now you can see at the top there you've got various tabs,…Revit, IFCs, CAD Formats, DWF markups, and Point Clouds…if you use them.…We're going to be using this tab here, CAD Formats,…and what we're going to do is we're going to use…the Manage Links dialogue box to add a new linked CAD file…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.