Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding linetypes, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] Last but not least…in this tools chapter in the AutoCAD express tools workflow,…is the ability to create new line types,…and add them to the line type settings in AutoCAD.…So I'm staying in the 08_Tools.dwg file,…and what I'm going to do now…is just draw a line with some dashes and some spaces.…So I'm going to go to the home tab on the ribbon,…click on the Line command,…and I'm just going to randomly draw some lines here.…So there's a line there.…Right click and instafinish,…and then I'm going to put a little circle.…
Center Radius.…I'm going to hover there like that,…and just drag that across Center Radius…and put that there.…And then what I'm going to do,…is I'm going to mirror that to the other side of the circle.…So we go to the mirror command, like so.…Select the line, right click,…and the first point of the mirror line,…shift and right click will be Quadrant.…Go down like that, drag it down vertically.…Click again, erase source content?…No.…So there's my line circle line.…I then go to the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.