Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a drawing list, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] One way Revit automates…production is in the information…you can pull out of linked files such as a sheet list.…Also, we can configure parameters…to ensure that each sheet comes in…in the right sorting order.…The objective of this video is to…create a drawing list for a project.…We will certainly have to look at…a few strategies for getting the sequencing right though.…I'm going to jump into Revit and I'm going to go…to my project, I'm going to go to my…architectural model and open that up.…Of course you can open up any model you want.…I'm just using this as an example.…I'm going to click open.…Now the first thing I'm going to do is…I'm going to make a parameter, so I'm…going to go to my manage tab and I'm…going to create a project parameter.…
Under project parameters I'm going to…click Add and I'm going to give it a name.…I'm going to call it sorting order.…My type of parameter is going to be text…and I'm going to group the parameter under identity data.…Now what I'm going to do is over here…in my categories I'm going to scroll down…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.