In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how doors can be placed in the Revit model using the linked CAD file for reference.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our…09_OFFICE.rvt file, and we're in the…00-Ground Floor plan in the Project Browser.…Now you may remember in the last video…that I mentioned when we were placing the walls…that we were going to place some hosted elements…such as doors and windows.…Well let's look at placing some doors first of all…and utilizing the setting out of the doors…in our linked CAD file to build up our Revit model.…Zoom in on the top left corner now of the floor plan,…and just pan across a little bit.…
And can you see there, we've got a double door here…on the linked CAD file, and we've got some single doors…on the linked CAD file as well.…They're not actually highlighting…because they are part of obviously the DWG…that's been brought in.…We need to now add some Revit families…where those doors should be in the walls.…So I'm going to go to the Architecture tab on the ribbon…and select Door, like so.…Now you may get the prompt, you've not saved…your project recently.…What do you want to do?…We'll just save the project like that.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.