In this video, Shaun Bryant shows you how to add a title block to your layouts in your AutoCAD drawings.
- [Instructor] We're staying in … our 00-Ground Floor Plan_REVISION b.dwg file. … And in the previous video, you'll remember … that we froze layers in the current viewport. … So, that's why we can't see any grid lines or dimensions, … or any text, in that viewport, … in the ISO A1-Landscape layout tab. … Now, we're going to have a look now … at inserting a title block. … Now, you may have already done … some of the other AutoCAD courses in the library, … so by this point, … you should know how to create an AutoCAD block. … So, I'm going to show you now, … just how to insert a simple title block … into your layout tab, your paper space, … in order to frame your viewport and, … as I've discussed already, … communicate your design intent, … from your design in the model space. … So, what we're going to do, … is we're going to zoom out slightly, … just roll back a few notches on the wheel, like so. … What you want to make sure you do, … is remove all of these lines and polylines, … that form the existing title block. …
- Using workspaces
- Working in the Model and Layout tabs
- Saving and restoring views
- Locking viewports and freezing viewport layers
- Adding a title block
- Using annotative dimensions and revision clouds