In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through how to create and modify a command within the custom user interface file. The instructor discusses how to create a command, assign an icon, and how to write the command macro including the use of specialized symbols. In addition, Josh demonstrates the creation of a new command macro.
- [Instructor] So to add or modify a command…we go to our command list within our…customized user interface dialog.…There's so many commands that are listed…it may be easier to search.…So if we search for the fill it command…we find it right here.…Better yet what if we create a new command?…We'll name this new command FR5.…And we'll find the fill it icon in the list here…and apply it to our new command…and we'll name this fill it radius five.…
The key to understanding how to modify…or create a new command really falls within…the macro line here in our properties.…We have to understand some of the symbology going on here.…So the bracket symbol with the C represents escape.…So what we have drawn in or written right now…is two presses of the escape key.…That makes sure we have no command active.…And then we're going to begin the fill it command…and the underscore really just defines…that it will cross all languages…and if I press the semi colon key,…it represents a return.…
So it's as if right now we are pressing…the escape key twice, starting the fill it command…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015)with Shaun Bryant4h 58m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.