In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the definition of dynamic block actions from the block authoring tools within AutoCAD’s Block Editor. The instructor discusses what a block action is and how to use it. In addition, Josh demonstrates the creation of a stretch and move action applied to a linear parameter.
- [Narrator] So in our last exercise…we established a parameter.…We set the Title Bar Length.…We said that we're going to stretch an object…linearly, or horizontally, in this case,…instead of vertically.…And we're going to make some adjustments.…And we're going to allow it to only be stretched,…notice in the properties, from a half an inch at a time,…minimum distance is three inches, maximum is 12 inches.…But this cannot be accomplished…without some associated action.…
So we go to the Actions tab here…of our Block Authoring Palette.…You notice the Actions, there's a lot of Actions…that are very similar to Commands,…modification Commands in AutoCAD.…Well that's because they act and behave similarly.…So what we were going to do is we're actually stretching…or changing the length of this line.…So I choose the Action here, Stretch.…It says Select the parameter that's associated,…this Action's associated with.…
And then we have to define the parameter point…that's actually going to be really adjusted.…Notice the red floating over the end?…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015)with Shaun Bryant4h 58m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.