In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through how to use AutoCAD’s Action Recorder within your company AutoCAD configuration. The instructor discusses what AutoCAD’s Action Recorder is, how to create an action recorded macro, where the macros are stored, and how to play a stored macro. In addition, Josh demonstrates creating and running a recorded macro.
- [Narrator] So the action recorder…works very similarly to a script…in the fact that it creates an external file,…yet the software is writing that external file for us.…It's recording our actions, for a period of time,…and then will repeat those actions whenever we call them up.…So let's create a recorded action,…and so from the Manage Ribbon Action Recorder Panel,…I'm simply going to click Record.…
It begins recording.…You can see the red dot by my cursor.…We're going to first create a new layer.…So I'm going to go to the Home Ribbon Layer Properties Panel…and we'll choose create a new layer.…We'll name this layer Lynda.…We'll set the color for Lynda to green,…and we'll set Lynda as our current layer.…We'll also go ahead and Zoom Extents.…I'll do this from the command line.…Zoom. Extents.…
And that will be the end of our recording.…So we'll stop this recording.…It stores it in a folder path that's set on our options,…in the files tab. We'll look at that in a minute.…We're going to name this action Layer Zoom.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.