- So what are we looking at when we look at our cloud-based tools, when we're talking about optimizing our AutoCAD desktop to go mobile? We're now in the first real section of the course, and I want to introduce you to two main cloud-based tools that Autodesk provide. One of which is A360 or A360 Drive as it's known. If you type A360 Drive into Google, it'll take you to the appropriate Audodesk webpage, and I'm sure you can find it there as well but you don't need to go find it on Google.
It's actually built into AudoCAD 2016. Now, I've got a working file, an exercise file open for you. You can see the title bar at the top of the screen there. It says 01_01_Intro_A360. So it does what it says on the tin, A360 introduction, that's what we're going to do. We're going to have a look at A360 first. So, I'm in AutoCAD, I've got a drawing open, and I can now go to the A360 tab up here on the ribbon.
These are all of my settings that I can use with the cloud-based tool that Autodesk provide called A360 Drive. You'll notice that I can open A360 Drive, I can open AutoCAD 360 on the web which launches AutoCAD 360 on the web, and I can also look at my design feed, I can synchronize my settings, I can choose my settings. Also, when you install A360 drive, it sets up a local sync folder on your machine as well.
So basically, what you've got is a web-based drive in your Windows Explorer, for example. How does all of this work? The first thing I can do is I can log straight in to A360. I can do that up here in the info bar. See where it says Sign In? I click on the fly out there and I sign in to A360. It'll automatically kick in, providing you've got a web connection. Obviously you must have a web connection to do this. I'll put in there, my particular one is cadfmconsultants. That is my company name in the UK, and I'll log in there and put my password in.
Obviously it's a good idea to remember your password. If you don't, you've got the Forgot option as usual. I'll click on Sign In and that'll sign me in. As you can see, my password doesn't match. I've obviously forgotten my password but this may happen to you, so just type it in again. I know exactly what I've done because I've changed my password recently. So if I change it and sign in, what'll happen now is that'll log me in. There's no actual change on the screen itself. All you'll notice now is look, a little pop-up comes up saying Sign In Complete, Welcome to Autodesk A360.
So I'm now logged in. What does that mean, what can I do? I can open A360 Drive. I can open AutoCAD 360 on the web. We're going to look at AutoCAD 360 later. AutoCAD 360 is the browser-based, tablet-based tool that you can use to edit your designs when you're mobile, when you're out and about on-site, when you're perhaps doing a snagging meeting with a contractor to make sure that everything's done on-site that you want. I can share the document with other people as well, and all of this can be done directly from AutoCAD itself.
All you've got to do is have that login, that Autodesk ID, it's called, and you can create one of those free of charge and you can also create A360 Drive account free of charge. So, go to Google, type in Autodesk ID, set yourself up an Autodesk ID. All it requires is an email address or a username and a password. Very quick and easy to do. Once you've got that set up, we can then get you going with A360 Drive and AutoCAD 360 as well.
- Setting up A360 Drive and AutoCAD 360
- Syncing your settings
- Creating subfolders in A360 Drive
- Uploading documents and drawings
- Setting up projects and teams
- Opening drawings in AutoCAD 360
- Editing drawings while in a mobile browser
- Editing synced drawings on the desktop