Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video 3D graphics, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- Autodesk has also improved…the 3D graphics capability…when you're working in AutoCAD at 2017.…What they've done is they've changed…the entire 3D sub system in the background.…Now again, you don't need to worry about…how that works,…but what you can do is come down here again…to the graphics performance,…right click on the icon,…click on graphics performance,…and you can see there's a whole load…of new tools here in the hardware acceleration settings.…Now again, this is all based…on the direct X 11 virtual device.…
So if your graphics card doesn't support direct X 11,…you won't get these new 3D graphics features.…But basically, what it's allowing you to do,…is work in 3D more cleanly,…and it just makes the graphics nicer to look at,…to be perfectly honest.…So you've got things like the high quality geometry…for capable devices.…That works also in the 3D,…as well as the 2D in the previous video.…We've also got advanced material effects,…foreshadow display,…perpixel lighting,…and uncompressed textures.…
And all of this, it uses the video memory…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.