Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video 3D enhanced support, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Instructor] In the AutoCAD 2017.1 update,…there is also 3D enhanced support.…Now, this is for when you're 3D drafting…using 3D objects in your drawings.…We've got a drawing open now,…you can see it's 3D_Orbit.dwg.…You can open that up from your lynda.com exercise files…to follow along with the video.…It's got a couple of 3D Solids.…You can see there's one here,…and there's one here, like so, two 3D Solids.…They're only a zero, just sitting there happily…in the drawing at the moment.…
Now, what I need to look at here…is changing my View, first of all.…Let's go to something like the Top View first.…I've got the Bottom View there,…let's make sure we're on the Top View.…Then in the View Control,…I'll go for something like SW Isometric.…You can see there that we've got the two solids…sitting on top of each other.…Now, at the moment, the Visual Style is 2D Wireframe.…The support that Autodesk are providing…in this 2017.1 update…is primarily for lots of facets…like we've got on those 3D Solids there,…different faces and things,…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.