In this video, Shaun Bryant discusses the enhancements to 3D DWG file performance in AutoCAD 2018.
- [Instructor] 3D drawing file performance…is much improved in AutoCAD 2018.…I've got a drawing open here, 3DOrbit.dwg,…again you can download it from the website…if you wish to follow along with the video…and you'll notice at the moment…we're in the 2Dy frame visual style.…If I go and change the visual style up here, top left,…and go to something like Shades of Gray,…you'll notice that it tells me down…near the command line the enhanced 3D performance…is not available for that particular visual style.…
Whereas if I went for something like…let's say Conceptual, it is.…And as you can see on the Conceptual there…if I now perform something like a 3D Orbit…you can see that it's very clean…and nothing is jagged and it moves very smoothly.…And the performance now for 3D drawing files…is on a par with when you manipulate a 2D drawing file…and it's very, very quick and it's very, very clean.…And it's approaching 2D drawing speed now…because of the technology and the way…that the graphics cards and AutoCAD work together.…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.