Learn how to create specifications, and then build contents and piping models. This course covers how to use the spec and catalog features in AutoCAD Plant 3D.
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome to the AutoCAD Plant 3D Specs and Catalogs Essentials Training. When you work with an intelligent spec driven modeling program it's critical that you have a comprehensive and accurate set of specifications before you start to work on your project. In this course we'll learn how specs in catalogs works together with 3D piping programs to create intelligent piping models. I'll start by showing you how to create a new spec and build the contents from the standard ASME catalogs. Then I'll show you how to edit an existing spec and add new components from the catalog.
Lastly, we'll learn how to set up a branch table and make sure that all the branch connections are compliant with your project, or client specifications. We'll be covering all these features plus other tools and techniques that will make building specs more fun. Come on, let's go!
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables