In this lesson, learn how to apply filters to the catalog in order to find a particular component, and learn where to find its physical properties.
- [Instructor] Catalogs are made up of lists…of industry standard parts that are…available to purchase.…There are thousands of parts in each catalog…so we have tools to filter the content…to find a specific component.…Filtering is straightforward using…the tools found in the Catalog Browser panel.…They're very similar to the filters found…when filtering in Spec Editor,…but with some differences.…So let's take a look.…We're going to open Catalog.…We're going to browse to our Desktop,…Exercise Files, Catalogs,…and we're going to open our ASME Pipes and Fittings.…
So we're going to come to Catalog Editor…up on the top right.…And let's just make this window…a little bit bigger here, and start to filter,…so we'll just go through how the filtering process works.…So always start with the biggest,…which is the Part Category, so in this case…let's look for some fittings.…Then we can come down to the Component Type.…We're going to get a little bit more specific.…You can see all the standard types…that we have in here.…We're going to look for an elbow,…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.