Learn how part priority can help speed up the design process a little by displaying the available component options in a preferred order.
- [Instructor] To save time when designers…are routing pipe, we can set up a priority list…for each of the components in a group,…and the selection list presented to the designer…when an option is available will be ordered…with the preferred part at the top of the list.…Let's go ahead an open our spec from our desktop,…exercise files, going to use part priority…and our linked in CS 150.…So we came to touch briefly before on this triangle here,…which tells us we have a part conflict.…
It means that we have more than one option available…for each size in this category.…And in this case of the gaskets are okay,…but we're going to set a priority for these valves…and for these elbows and the bolts.…Now setting this up is a bit of a tedious job,…so just bear with me and try not to fall asleep…while we do this.…I'm going to start with the elbows.…So to set up the priorities we're going to come along…and we're going to click on the little triangle…with the exclamation point,…and that's going to look at our part use priority dialog box.…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.