In this lesson learn how to open a Plant 3D project, create a piping header, and create some branches to test our connections.
- [Instructor] Now that we've finished our…basic branch connection table,…let's take a look at a piping model…and check to see how our connections look…in the 3D environment.…So from our desktop, let's take a look at our spec.…So we'll go file, open spec,…desktop, exercise files,…we're going to go to 0404, test branch start,…branch connections,…spec sheets…and here's our linked in cs150.…Now I'm going to go to our branch table editor…and here's the connections that we have…defined for this project.…
Now let's go take a look at our piping model.…So we're going to open our plant 3D program,…and once we have that open,…we're going to come to our current project.…And we're going to go to open,…desktop,…exercise files,…0404,…test branch,…branch connections,…and we're going to open the project xml.…Once that's launched,…we're going to expand our plant 3D drawings…and we're going to double click on branches.…
I want you to take a look at what's here.…I've already gone ahead…and placed some branch connections.…And if we hover over this pipe,…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.