In this lesson, take a look at the spec browser area of the Spec Editor tool. Learn where to go to edit parts, set part priority, and find a catalog.
- [Instructor] Spec editor is the tool that we use…to add or modify the items that are contained…in our spec sheet.…Let's go ahead and open a spec…and take a look at all the different functions…that we have available.…So we're going to go to our file,…open spec,…desktop,…exercise files,…spec sheets,…and we're going to go with CS150.…So here we can take a look at what…we have in this area here.…We have this little option of closing…down the catalog if we don't want to…look at the catalog right now.…
We can just close that down…and that increases our spec viewer window…just a little bit more.…So what you see is a standard spec sheet.…We're going to take a look at some of the functions…that we have.…Up on the top right, change the spec.…We can just highlight the spec,…we can open a new spec.…I'm going to open the CS300.…And you'll see that that's now filling up…in our spec window.…If you want to go back again,…and it will keep the last few that we looked at in memory…and we can just toggle between them.…Basically what the spec contains is…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.