Learn how using the property overrides function allows you to add information to the spec without adding it to the catalog.
- (Instructor) When you work with client specific…or project specific specs,…you often have to change some of the terminology…to conform with the client standards.…This may mean a change in the long description…versus the one that comes with the standard catalog.…Or perhaps you have to add more information…that's populated into the catalog.…We never wanted to make these changes in our master catalog,…so instead we'll make them in this spec.…I'll show you what I mean.…So from your desktop,…we're going to come to exercise files,…and we want to our property overrides folder…and look for a linked in spec.…
So I'm going to come down to our piping,…and I'm going to open that up.…Now take a look at what you see.…We already filtered this out for the sizes,…but we manually added the CS material in here.…And it only applies to just those components…that we actually manually added it to.…So now let's delete this.…So I'm going to highlight that,…I'm going to remove it from the spec.…Now I'm going to add it back in,…but this time I'm going to apply some overrides to that.…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.