Join Irene Radcliffe for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Specs & Catalogs.
- [Irene] We made it!…Creating and maintaining specs and catalogs…isn't difficult, but it does require a lot of checking.…Since many of the parts have almost identical information,…it's very important to have your work checked…a few times by different people.…Remember that every model you create…using the Plant 3D software…will eventually be built in the field,…and that the specs that you have on your project…contain the building blocks…that will be used to generate…those construction deliverables.…If there are errors in the specs and cats,…there will be errors during construction.…
Be sure that the specs and cats are up to date…and that the component information is correct.…Always make sure that they contain only approved materials…as for your client of project specification.…One more bit of advice is to keep the specs locked down…so that only a few project personnel…have the ability to modify or update.…If you have any questions…or want to know more about the AutoCAD Plant 3D…Spec Editor software,…feel free to reach out to me at my LinkedIn page,…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.