Join Irene Radcliffe for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Specs & Catalogs.
- [Irene] We made it!…Creating and maintaining specs and catalogs…isn't difficult, but it does require a lot of checking.…Since many of the parts have almost identical information,…it's very important to have your work checked…a few times by different people.…Remember that every model you create…using the Plant 3D software…will eventually be built in the field,…and that the specs that you have on your project…contain the building blocks…that will be used to generate…those construction deliverables.…If there are errors in the specs and cats,…there will be errors during construction.…
Be sure that the specs and cats are up to date…and that the component information is correct.…Always make sure that they contain only approved materials…as for your client of project specification.…One more bit of advice is to keep the specs locked down…so that only a few project personnel…have the ability to modify or update.…If you have any questions…or want to know more about the AutoCAD Plant 3D…Spec Editor software,…feel free to reach out to me at my LinkedIn page,…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.