Modifying parts is a task that comes up from time to time during a project. Learn how to make the required changes using the Catalog Editor feature.
- [Instructor] When you make modifications…to a catalog part,…it's critical that you understand…that when you make the change,…it will be reflected in every spec…that you create from that catalog.…When we modify the information in the spec,…it affects only that spec.…When you modify the catalog,…the change is reflected everywhere.…To make sure you really understand…this before you make the changes,…let's run through a quick exercise to show you.…So I want you to come down and open a spec here.…So we'll go from our Desktop,…Exercise Files, 03_03 Modifying Parts,…and open your LinkedIn CS150 spec.…
Okay, so now let's take a look at the piping.…So you see the piping has material shown in here,…which is Carbon Steel.…Now we added that to the spec.…It doesn't exist in the catalog.…So what we're going to do is,…we're going to delete this item from the spec.…We're going to make a modification in the catalog.…And then we're going to re-add this piping into the spec.…So I'm going to close this down.…I'm going to highlight the Seemless Pipe.…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.