Join Irene Radcliffe for an in-depth discussion in this video Locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders, part of AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Specs & Catalogs.
- [Instructor] When you install Plant 3D,…the out of the box specs and catalogs…are located by default on your C drive.…So, let's take a look at the folder and the contents.…We're going to navigate to our C drive,…and let's look at our AutoCAD Plane 3D 2019 Content folder.…Now, if you look in here, you'll see…we have a number of CPak folders.…Now, these CPak folders contain specs and catalogs…for very specific applications.…For example, the CPak ASME is sort of…what we were working most with.…
That's the North American standards.…We also have DIN, and we have Wastewater in there, too.…If we look at the contents of each folder,…you see that there's three different file types in here.…For example, let's look at a carbon steel 150 pound spec.…You'll see that there's that PSPC file,…which is the actual spec file, a specification,…and there's also a PSPX file, which is a system file.…Now, you must have both of these…files together all the time.…If you copy that PSPC file to a different location,…you must take the PSPX file with it.…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.