Learn how to create specifications, and then build contents and piping models. This course covers how to use the spec and catalog features in AutoCAD Plant 3D.
- [Irene] Creating 3D models of a process plant is an essential part of the engineering process, but the most critical part of that model is more than just a visual representation. The information contained within that model must be correct. Specifications and catalogs are the foundations of your plant models, so having a clear understanding of what they are, what they contain and how to build them is key. In my LinkedIn Learning course, we'll take an in depth look at the plant 3D Spec Editor tool. Once you understand the workflow, you can use your knowledge to build and maintain your own custom specs.
Join me, Irene Radcliff, in my course, AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training for Specs & Catalogs.
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.