A catalog contains many of the different size options available for each component. Learn how to add and remove component sizes from your catalogs.
- [Presenter] If you need to create a new part…to your catalog sometimes it's best to create a duplicate…of an existing part and make the modifications to the copy.…It's good practice not to make…the changes in the master catalog.…Here's how you would create a component…that has the same physical properties…as the original but has different descriptions.…So let's scroll down to your exercise file.…So we'll have file, open catalog, desktop,…exercise files, editing parts, and we're going to…go to our pipes and fittings catalog.…
Now let's go to the catalog editor.…We're going to come down and we're going to filter…for a short description for our Linkedin phlange.…And there it is.…Let's highlight that and there's the information…that we created when we did the two inch size.…So now we're going to come across and look at our sizes.…So right now we only have a two inch size in here.…So what we're going to do is we're going to add another size,…so just to do that we're going to click add size,…and notice that it comes up as undefined.…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.