Learn how to use the Edit Parts function to further refine the sizes that you add to your spec using the common filters.
- [Instructor] We already know how to use the filters…to select the minimum and maximum part sizes for our spec.…But what if the range of sizes include parts…that are not permitted in our spec?…For example, if that range of one to six inch…pipe contains nonstandard pipes,…such as three and a half or five inch piping,…for this we have the Edit Parts tool.…Which allows us to further refine…the contents of our spec sheet.…So let's go ahead and open our spec.…So we're going to navigate to Desktop,…Exercise Files and 02_05, we're going to Edit Parts,…and we're going to open our LinkedIn spec.…
So, we don't need to have the catalog part for this,…so I'm just going to minimize that…and give us more room in our spec window.…So let's go down to our piping.…So, to look at the parts we that have,…we can either double click that,…or we can use the Edit Parts.…So, look at the filtering here.…We had initially filtered this for one inch to 12 inch.…But you can see there's some nonstandard pipe sizes in here…that we don't want to have available to our designers.…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.