In this overview of Plant 3D catalogs, take a look at all the different features that are available to create and maintain your project catalogs.
- [Narrator] When we start to build our project specs,…we select the approved items from a standard parts catalog.…These catalogs contain all the commonly used pipe,…valves, fittings, any components that are used…in a process plant facility,…including all available sizes of each component.…We also see information such as end type.…Is it beveled or flanged?…Facing, such as raise faced or flat faced.…We already know how to filter these components…from the spec lessons, but in the catalog,…we have dimensional data available too.…AutoCAD Plant 3D comes with a fairly comprehensive…set of catalogs, including ASME, AME, AWWA, and DIN.…
In this chapter, we'll look at how to add,…remove, and modify catalogs in more detail.…First, let's look at our exercise files.…We're going to navigate to our file.…We're going to go to Open Catalog this time,…and we're going to go to our Desktop,…Exercise Files,…Catalogs,…and let's open our ASME Pipes and Fittings.…You see in that window that you're familiar with,…we do have the catalog pane,…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.