Setting up branch connection tables is an important part of a project spec. In this lesson, tour the Branch Table Editor interface.
- [Instructor] Branch connection tables are used…in piping software to determine the types…of branch connections that are permitted in the project.…For example, if the project's specification…says that we can't use Stub-in piping,…then we have to eliminate that option…from the list of connections that's available…while we're writing the pipe.…This allows the project administrator to determine…that the correct connections are always being made.…So from our exercise files,…let's take a look at one of the specs we have here.…We're going to go to File, Open Spec, Desktop,…Exercise Files, 04_01_Branch Connections,…Branch Connections once again,…Spec Sheets, and we want to look at the CS150.…
So now that the spec's loaded,…let's take a look at our branch table.…So to find that, it's the middle tab up on the top right,…our Branch Table Editor.…And what you see here…is a completed branch connection table.…So essentially what we have here…is if we look at the vertical axis,…we have the branch size, and if we look along the bottom,…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.