When you need to create new parts for your catalog, you can use the Plant 3D parametric parts browser. In this lesson, learn the steps to add new parts.
- [Instructor] If you would like to add…a completely new part to the catalog,…we can do this by creating a component,…and then using the Plant 3D shape browser…to find suitable geometry to use as the basis of a part.…Let's create a new weld neck flange…and add it to our catalog.…So to start with, we're going to navigate…to our exercise file, we're going to Open Catalog,…Desktop, Exercise Files, Adding new part, and we're going…to go to our ASME Pipes and Fittings Catalog.…We're going to go up to our catalog editor,…and let's create that component.…
So the first thing that we're going to do…is create a new component, and we're going…to set up some basic information here.…Our family information is already pre-defined…inside the catalog, so this is providing us…with all the fields, the templates, that allow us…to enter the schedule, the class, the pressure.…All that's predefined, so we just have…to tell it which category.…So in this case, we're going to pick Flanges.…The piping component is fine, and for the end type,…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.