Start to build your newly created LinkedIn spec by adding some standard piping components from the catalog.
- [Narrator] Knowing how to filter the catalog components…is key to building specs.…Once you know how to find the parts you want,…we can add them to our spec sheets.…In this lesson, we'll take some common piping components…and use them to build our linked in spec.…We're going to go to file, open spec.…And from our desktop, exercise files,…and we're going to go to adding components to a spec.…And we're going to open our linked in CS150 spec.…Just double check that we're pulling the catalog…from our desktop exercise files catalog,…ASME Valves and Components.…
And we also have available desktop, exercise files,…catalogs, and our piping and fittings.…We'll be going between the two to get the components.…So, the first thing we're going to do…is we're going to start to filter.…We're going to put our size range in.…We're going to go from one inch and we're going to limit it to 12…on this case just to keep the numbers a little smaller.…Now, we're going to filter for the first thing…which is going to be pipe.…And in this case we're going to go with seamless.…
- Using part filters
- Modifying parts
- Adding new parts to a catalog
- Using the Spec Editor
- Creating a new spec
- Adding components to a spec
- Editing parts
- Using Part Use Priority
- Editing specs in Excel
- Setting up and modifying a branch table
- Testing components and branch tables
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/16/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: locating the specs and catalogs within the project folders.
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Administratorwith Irene Radcliffe3h 35m Intermediate
AutoCAD P&ID Essential Training: Userwith Irene Radcliffe3h 36m Intermediate
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
4. Branch Tables
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.